Cherry Mango Smoothie


My eldest daughter asked the other day, "When is it going to be warm enough for smoothies again?"  She didn't really care whether she would be freezing if she had one.  Well since smoothies are so colorful and springy I figured why not!  They're quick, easy and a relatively healthful breakfast.  Both my girls loved this one, whipped up from what was most easily accessible in the freezer.  If there are leftovers, freeze in a container and thaw for 15 minutes before eating with a spoon for a treat.  We made this twice this week and the little that was leftover was happily eaten for breakfast the next day by little sis.  Hmm, I should try sending a frozen one in my kiddo's lunch to keep things cold.  Would probably be thawed enough to drink at lunchtime...

Cherry Mango Smoothie
serves 2-3

1 cup frozen cherries
1 cup frozen mango
½ cup greek yogurt, honey or plain
¾ cup orange juice
1 tbsp maple syrup (for tart frozen cherries - reduce or omit if using dark sweet cherries)

Place all ingredients in blender, secure lid and blend on high for 30 seconds or until smooth.

Enjoy!


Comments

  1. it really is a fantastic color - and just think of all that health and goodness in there! lovely smoothie!
    mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous - and helpful - post. Loved the details.
    Kitchen designs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I love hearing from you! If you have any questions I will do my level best to answer them for you.